Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, is the largest and most successful wiki. This page lists some of the overarching guidelines that have helped make Wikipedia a success. You may like to consider them for this Wikia.
- BE BOLD! in updating pages. Go ahead, it's a wiki!
Encourage others, including those who disagree with you, likewise to BE BOLD!
- Be civil to other users at all times.
- Ignore unnecessary rules. If the rules discourage you from improving or maintaining the wiki's quality, ignore them.
- When in doubt, take it to the talk page. We have all the time in the world. Mutual respect is the guiding behavioural principle of Wikia and, although everyone knows that their writing may be edited mercilessly, it is easier to accept changes if the reasons for them are understood. If you discuss changes on the article's talk (or discussion) page before you make them, you should reach consensus faster and happier.
- Respect copyright. Wikia uses the GNU Free Documentation License. Everything you contribute must be compatible with that license.
- Decent edit summaries and clear and transparent explanations are universally appreciated. Other editors need to understand your process, and it also helps you yourself to understand what you did after a long leave of absence from an article. Please state what you changed and why. If the explanation is too long, add more on the discussion page.
- Assume good faith; in other words, try to consider the person on the other end of the discussion is a thinking, rational being who is trying to positively contribute to the project — unless, and only unless, you have firm, solid, and objective proof to the contrary. Merely disagreeing with you is no such proof.
- Particularly, don't revert good faith edits. Reverting is a little too powerful sometimes. Don't succumb to the temptation, unless you're reverting very obvious vandalism (like "LALALALAL*&*@#@THIS_SUX0RZ", or someone changing "1+2=3" to "1+2=17"). If you really can't stand something, revert once, with an edit summary something like "(rv) I disagree strongly, I'll explain why in talk." and immediately take it to talk.
- No personal attacks. Don't write that user such and so is an idiot, or insult him/her. Instead, explain what they did wrong, why it is wrong, and how to fix it. If possible, fix it yourself (but see above).
- Be graceful: Be liberal in what you accept, be conservative in what you do. Try to accommodate other people's quirks the best you can, but try to be as polite, solid and straightforward as possible yourself.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using ~~~~ which gets replaced by your username and timestamp when you hit submit. But don't sign on mainspace articles.
- Use the preview button; it prevents edit conflicts.
- No using profanity; Profanity is not tolerated on this wiki. If any is used, a block will be given to those who do.
- The only information relevant to Super Smash Bros. Melee allowed here is stating who voiced the Star Fox characters on the respective pages of the voice actors for the characters.
Games you may put on the wiki
- Donkey Kong Country series (Not Donkey Kong Country Returns as it is not a Rare game.)
- Donkey Kong Land series
- Donkey Kong 64
- Diddy Kong Racing (DS)
- Kinect Sports series
- Viva Piñata series
- Banjo-Kazooie series
- Killer Instinct games
- GoldenEye 007 (Nintendo 64 version only)
- Conker series
- Perfect Dark series
- and all other games listed here
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|